Transcribed Early Wills
The period between 1500AD and 1700AD may also be explored via the wills that have survived for those earlier years. All available extant wills for Crick in the period 1500-1700 (and also for the neighbouring villages of Ashby St Ledgers, Barby, Braunston and Kilsby) have therefore been digitally recorded and transcribed by local historian Gren Hatton, in an attempt to make up for the lack of early parish registers.
Contact the Archivist for further information.

Church Burial Records
Crick is very fortunate, in that the Church of England registers exist in almost complete state from the 1550s up to the present day. The church of St Margaret of Antioch dates from the Saxon period and incorporates extensions in the 12th, 14th and 15th centuries, together with restoration work in 1840 and 1910.
The United Reform Church in Crick (which for many years was known as the Congregational Church) has its origins in the 17th century, when local non-conformists began to meet in large private houses for worship. In the 1700s they acquired a piece of land, the site of a Protestant dissenting meetinghouse, and in the early 1800s it was decided that a new church should be built. The current building was completed in 1820, and regular services have been held ever since. A major renovation in the early 1900s provided comfortable seating for 120, and in the 1960s the schoolroom was extended to provide a versatile meeting room. In 1972 the Congregational Church joined with the Presbyterians to form the United Reformed Church.
We hold the transcribed Church graveyard inscriptions (the graveyard is now closed); these records do not include the present burial ground or the URC's (closed) graveyard. The mapping of the graveyard is a future project.
Should you require details of more recent records from Crick Burial Ground (which is a council responsibility), please contact the clerk of Crick Parish Council. Click here for contact details.

Parish Records
The database of Crick parish register transcripts are maintained by the Rugby Family History Group. Click here for contact details.